In 2017 Carine Senior High School was awarded WA Secondary School of the Year. In 2018 Damian Shuttleworth was named WA Secondary Principal of the Year and Daniel Hugo was awarded WA Secondary Teacher of the Year. Along with these outstanding accolades, our 2018 results demonstrate an increased improvement in student performance. Highlights include:
- Ranking of 12th Top Public School in WA
- Top 50 ATAR school
- 98% Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
- Median ATAR score of 83.20%
- 32 Year 12 School Curriculum and Standards Authority awards
- 100% VET achievement rate
- DoE recognition for outstanding results in HASS – Philosophy & Ethics, Drama and Visual Arts.
In 2019 Carine Senior High School continues its $18.77 million expansion project for our school with the building of brand new state of the art facilities including general and specialist classrooms. This will increase our permanent capacity from 1225 students to 1525 students. Building is expected to be completed in 2020.
Our school will also launch an academic Gifted and Talented Education Program in Maths, English, Science and HASS commencing in 2020 for Year 7 students.
In May 2019 our school completed its independent Public School Review. We are proud to share the report and letter of endorsement from the Deputy Director General, Schools.