Welcome to the Carine Senior High School website.
In 2017 Carine Senior High School was awarded WA Secondary School of the Year. Along with this outstanding achievement, our 2017 results demonstrate an increased improvement in student performance. Highlights include:
- Ranking of 12th Top Public School in WA
- Top 50 ATAR school
- 98% Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
- Median ATAR score of 83.18%
- 33 Year 12 School Curriculum and Standards Authority awards
- 100% VET achievement rate
- Student completion of 15 different types of Certificate courses
- VET enrolment rate of 77%
- DoE recognition for outstanding results in HASS – Geography, Economics and Philosophy & Ethics
In 2018 Carine Senior High School will begin an $18.77 million expansion project for our school with the building of brand new state of the art facilities including general and specialist classrooms. This will increase our permanent capacity from 1225 students to 1525 students. Building is expected to be completed in 2020.
Our school will also launch an academic Gifted and Talented Education Program in Maths, English, Science and HASS commencing in 2020 for Year 7 students. Further information for parents about testing and the program will be advertised across all Western Australian primary schools in the following weeks.